
Julie graduated from BYU's prestigious advertising program last year and was able to get a job using her degree in a way that she enjoys despite the fact I refused to go to New York City (I think it's a hole) so she could work for one of those big firms. She works for a medium sized advertising firm called Ad Results (http://www.adresultsinc.com/).
Julie is a copywriter which I thought had something to do with when a book was published. Apparently that is not the case. Julie writes "copy" that DJs will use when doing live endorsements. They have a script to help them start and guide them through what they need to say while they add their own personal touch. (This picture above shows a typical radio studio environment)
She has several clients and their ads are aired all over the country, so no matter where you are there is a chance you've heard one of her ads. Some of her clients you will recognize are Staples, Carrabba's, Lowe's, TNT, Purina ONE, 1-800 Pro Flowers, Safeway, and the biggest is, of course, AT&T. So if you hear a DJ mention one of these companies then chances are that Jules was in some way behind what they are saying.
Jules is good at what she does because she has that passion and friendly aire about her. I'm writing this post to brag on her since she is severely modest and would never talk about herself. In fact, read this while you can because once she sees this post she's going to take it down. If you would like to hear one of her ads go to the following link and listen to one of her ads:
http://www.adresultsinc.com/ourwork/mp3/NYC_WINS_ATT_PM.mp3
2 comments:
You're awesome Julie!! (but we already knew that :) Congrats on all your awesome work. We'll keep our ears out for your ads!!
Yay Julie! She is quite amazing! I'm proud of her for actually using her ad degree.. :)
Post a Comment