Aug 23, 2009

Our Triathlon

Hi everyone, it's Julie! I promised Doug I would be more involved in our blog, so this is me making an effort. But be prepared- this is from my point of view- that's why I titled this post "OUR triathlon". While he was the only one registered and competing, I had my share of obstacles.

To start off, Doug tackled the rough waters. I tackled the humid 98 degree heat (this picture is very misleading- it looks nice but it was unbearable)




Then, Doug broke his personal swimming record by 8 minutes! I broke my sunglasses (sorry, picture's pretty dark).




Unfortunately, Doug strained his calf in the bike portion and I strained my feet- they turned red and kinda swelled (I knew the day would come!)





And in the end, Doug finished the tough race. He loved it, and I loved seeing him love it!




All in all, we had a great day and plan to do it again soon!

3 comments:

Cosme & Judy Salazar said...

Way to go Julie!! it is good you are getting more involved with your blog. Keep up the good work!!
love,
Dad

Steph said...

Julie, it's great to get an update from YOU!!! How are you feeling? Sorry about the sunglasses and your feet :( But, I'm happy that you endured ;) Tell Doug good job!

Steph said...

Jules---it's not too late to start yoga and it's kind of fun and relaxing ;)...make Doug do it with you. I ordered the dvd with Shiva Rea from Amazon---it was cheap!