So the Katy Stake did a fun run this year and it was unusally cold for late March in TX (like 40's). I think the wind is what really made it crisp. I ususally run in the mornings with my friend Mark, and he teaches me a lot since he ran track in college. He always says to just push through the pain at the end and eventaully it will become second nature. There is definaltely a difference from a liesurly morning run, and pushing yourself for a race. I did a little over a 7:30 mile pace and finished in 23 minutes 3 seconds. I got 12th overall and had fun. I'm looking forward to more races in the future. Maybe I can even get Julie to run in the next one!
I got 2nd place in my age group
2 comments:
Congrats Doug! Way to go!
Ryan and Becky
Good job! Also, you're crazy. Running in temperatures like that generally leads to really bad things. But I'm glad to see you survived! And as 12th! Right on.
Post a Comment